Kelly for Circuit Judge
February 4, 2021
I have known Peter Kelly for over 25 years.
Those of us who know Peter Kelly understand why Judge Jim Beer first asked Peter to run for this judicial seat six years ago, and recently endorsed him again for Branch 1 Circuit Judge. Here are just some of the reasons why I feel he is the best candidate:
1. Thirty-six years of general practice law makes Peter the most legally experienced candidate.
2. His Master’s Degree in Mental Health and Substance Abuse counseling makes him the most professionally educated candidate to preside over our drug court and expand it to include alcohol offenses.
3. His 10 years holding groups for men charged with domestic violence and anger offenses makes him the most knowledgeable about how to change behaviors of people coming before the court in criminal matters.
4. His 10 years serving as a Court Commissioner for Judges Beer and Vale makes him the most prepared to take the bench in cases, as he has already been doing for a decade.
5. His five University degrees makes him the most academically qualified to take on the academic nature of the role of Judge.
6. Endorsed by Judges Jim Beer, Duane Jorgenson, Bill Johnston, Margaret Kohler, Jim Welker and Mike Fitzpatrick, he has the most endorsements of any candidate by judges who have actually seen him perform in their courtroom.
7. His eight years volunteering on the District 12 Committee of the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s Office of Lawyer Regulation investigating unethical behavior by attorneys makes him the most knowledgeable candidate on the ethical rules that govern attorney conduct.
8. As the longest serving volunteer for the Green County Family Law Clinic in this race, he is the candidate with the best understanding of the pressures on low-income families struggling to raise children in Green County.
9. He is the only candidate who has been a Green County Family Court Mediator helping families settle divorce/paternity issues outside of court.
10. He has been President and Treasurer of the Green County Bar Assn., St. Victor’s Parish Council President and Trustee, Past Chair of Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Past Board member of Rainbow Child Care and Green County Historical Society, current member of Green County Facility and Security Committee and a frequent speaker and writer on Green County history.
Peter has served Green County well. Please join me in voting for him on February 16th.
District 22 Supervisor,