Belleville American Legion Building Gets Update
September 16, 2021
The American Legion was chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veteran's organization. Duppler-Smith Post 460 was originally chartered on 7 Sept. 1920, and on 7 Sept. 1948 took ownership of the church building. The additional lot was added to our Post on 16 May 1960.
In more recent times, a long-time local resident, Chris Doyle, noted how badly the Legion Post needed painting. Chris Doyle is a Field Representative for IUPATDC7 Local 802. Chris single handedly took on the task of recruiting the volunteers in the picture from Painters Local 802. He then negotiated...