Post Messenger Recorder -

Post Messenger Recorder PMR New Glarus Monticello Belleville News Publishing

Burn Camp Camper Turns Counselor to Help Others

Annual week-long event seeks more campers, volunteers

 

July 21, 2022



In 1986, an accident changed Tanya Bolchen’s life forever, but eight years later another event would change it again – for the better.

Bolchen was just four months old when a room air conditioner in her grandparents’ Boscobel home overheated and set the curtains on fire in a room she was in. Amid the confusion of the moment as her family ran from the house, Bolchen was left behind, she said.

Her father ran back in to save her and when he grabbed her to carry her to safety, the air conditioning unit exploded, causing third-degree burns to her face, scalp, forearms and side, as well as...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021